Arts in Healdsburg
Temporary Art Installation ProgramMarch 2018: The City launched a temporary art installation program. Read more about the program here.
Defining the City's Role in the Arts
July 2018: Progress UpdateDuring goal setting for the upcoming year, City Council adopted the following goals and outcomes related to arts and culture:
- gather widespread input about the role of arts and culture in the life of the community
- assess the economic impact of the arts
- provide data on how the Healdsburg compares to other cities in terms of supporting the arts,
- explore opportunities for collaboration among organizations and businesses
- identify ways to foster and enhance the arts.
- Prepare a community based arts and culture plan that includes community workshops to gather widespread input on the desired arts and culture activities/programs
- Work with local organizations and business to explore opportunities to foster and enhance the arts
- Explore funding options to encourage artistic and cultural activities in the City and support community art
In support of this goal, City Council approved $75,000 to fund the development of an arts and culture plan as part of the Community Services budget. he City will be soliciting proposals in the fall, with the goal of kicking of the planning process in late 2018 or early 2019.
January 2018: Progress Update
The fires of October 2017 put much of the City's work on hold temporarily. We are currently working with the Parks and Recreation Commission and community members on a temporary art installation pilot program. Check back for more information on this program later in January.
September 2017: City Council Presentation
On September 5, staff provided an update to City Council on the Community Conversation and input we received. City Council directed staff to continue work. View the presentation here.
August 2017: The Arts in Healdsburg - A Community Conversation
The City of Healdsburg is initiating a process of working with the community to determine the City's and the community's role in encouraging and supporting the creative arts locally. As part of the City's effort, the City and Healdsburg Center for the Arts co-hosted a community conversation about the arts in Healdsburg on August 3, 2017. Approximately 50 members of the community attended and provided their input on the current status of the arts in Healdsburg and options for the future. The following is information from the meeting: