Notice: Organic Waste Workshops and RFP
You might be interested in this survey and the upcoming workshops on organic waste (see below). As you know, waste diversion and composting play a significant role in minimizing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing soil carbon sequestration.
The Sonoma County Waste Management Agency (SCWMA) is holding two public workshops to receive feedback on an upcoming Request for Proposals (RFP) process for securing long term organics processing capacity. The SCWMA is seeking public input on community and stakeholder priorities for the upcoming RFP for the following issues:
- Focusing on a single facility or multiple facilities
- Considering in-county facilities only, or all viable facilities
- Technology type proposed (composting, anaerobic digestion, vermicomposting, etc.)
- Finished product standards (organic agriculture, backyard gardening, land cover, etc.)
- The relative importance of disposal cost, securing long term capacity, providing local soil amendments, maximizing landfill diversion, reduction of greenhouse gas emission from transport and processing and related to landfilling organics, and the production of clean energy
April 19, 2017
SCWMA Board of Directors Meeting
Santa Rosa City Council Chambers
100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
Regular Session Meeting begins at 8:30 am
April 27, 2017
Santa Rosa Vets Memorial Building
1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
For interested parties who are unable to attend either of the workshops, feedback can be provided through a Survey Monkey questionnaire that has been created for this project (click here).
Responses will be accepted until April 28, 2017.